Introduce, Review, Recycle, and Test Vocabulary
A superb educational tool, Gerry's Vocabulary Teacher has been designed to make life easier, and instruction more efficient, for those who teach English or English as a Second or Foreign Language. In a matter of minutes and with a few mouse-clicks, teachers can create gap-fill exercises to introduce, review/reinforce and test vocabulary.
Gerry's Vocabulary Teacher allows you to quickly and easily
- use both a PC or Mac computer to create vocabulary gap-fill exercises
- create gap-fill exercises as hard-copy (paper) documents
- export your exercise into a Hot Potatoes JMatch or JCloze format to create interactive web-based exercise
- create gap-fill exercises using American, British or Canadian English
- import a new gap-fill exercise into an existing document
- introduce new vocabulary for study
- review vocabulary previously introduced in class
- repeatedly recycle target vocabulary in varying contexts in order to enhance understanding
- generate exercises tailor-made to specific students' needs for vocabulary instruction and/or review
- focus separately on each of the ten sublists of the Academic Word List
- test vocabulary compehension
- provide opportunities for students to practise target vocabulary in discussion activities.
What people are saying about Gerry's Vocabulary Teacher...
"In my opinion, for any EFL/ESL learner and teacher of English, this software is a must-have application that deserves to be considered as the most useful vocabulary software."
Excerpt from an independent review by
Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Published in Teaching English with Technology
A Journal for Teachers of English
Read the entire review.